Behind the scenes at Everyblock.com¶
- Adrian Holovoty
- Looks straight-forward
- But can’t do models per type
- So perhaps a bit of abstraction?
- Entry Attribute Value method?
- Needs multiple joins
- Bitmap method uses limited columns
- varchar01, bool01
- Needs an in-database schema
- Sorting can be an issue. Everyblock wrote a custom sort method
- GeoDjango lets you do geographic queries against your models
- Look up select_template method in Django
- Regex for addresses
- http://code.google.com/p/templatemaker/ (built off C + python)
- Getting public info can be hard
- June 30th of 2009 Everyblock gets open sourced!