Running MongoDB in the Cloud¶
- by Dan Crosta, Software Engineer, 10gen
- I know speaker from twitter and him answering questions about MongoDB to help me with http://consumernotebook.com
Late cause we were intercepted by Redhat/OpenShift marketing who wanted our advice on logos.
- Config Servers send config data to shards
- Shards can run with the config server down, but it is not fun.
Different methods of setup:
The most popular
The big option
Amazon EC2 Instance Types¶
Never deploy with 32-bit. Don’t do it!!!
- Go for a Large or Extra-Large on-demand instance. More expensive but worth it.
- ConfigD / Arbiter can be done via micro on demand instances
Use ext4, xfs
- Raid 10 on MongoD
- Raid1 on ConfigbDB
Turn off atime
File descriptor limits:
cat >> /etc/security/limits.conf << EOF * hard nofile 65536 * soft nofile 65536 EOF