Game Programming with Python¶
- by Mr Sony Valdez
- Fantastic speaker
- Need to introduce him to Richard Jones
- OMG he used notepad to present and pulled it off!
- “Are you afraid of math? Too bad! In this tutorial you will learn how to math! Scary, isn’t it?”
- If you’re not familiar with cartoons I feel very sad for you.
What you need to know to program games¶
game design pattersm
- x,y system
- Collection detection is the alogrithm used to see if two sprites intersects
- If two rectangles overlap then there is a collision. An event is triggered.
Game Design Patterns¶
- Game Loop is simply an infinite loop in which input, updates, and draws occur. Each iteration is what is called a ‘Frame’
- Game object represents an object in the game
- Programmers use whatever is available
- half-life, Warcraft 3, Multimedia Fusion, GameMaker, and pygame
- Based on Python
- Object oriented
Let’s make a game¶