State of CPython and Python Ecosystem¶
By Senthil Kumaran
Overview: High level talk about CPython and other implementation
Missed chunks of this so not all of it got in my notes
Python Launcher for Windows (PEP 397)¶
- proposal by Mark Hammond and implemented by Vinay Sajip
- System to associate python files with a particular Python version
- Will be distributed with Windows installers
- Question: What is the status?
- Question: Which version of windows?
- Question: How can we accelerate development?
- Seamless integration
- Uses a lot of Java models instead of CPython’s stdlib.