Automated testing in Python and beyond¶
by Brenda Wallace
missed the beginning :(
Have unit tests¶
Debugging is fast
Find bugs elsewhere
- Feel free to point fingers at who did it
- Finds tests and runs them
- Logging capture
Running single tests
WETA digital uses Disney open source code!
- Reads your python
- Writes a stub unit test for all your methods
- “You’ll have 100% code coverage and everything will fail!”
Other language test frameworks¶
Everyone forks and no one works together
- Looks like Python, but with more words
- Over 60 other test frameworks!!!
- SimpleTest is cool
- Best intro to testing ever.
Write tests before you write code
- I switched from the Shell to writing Unit Tests as well!
- This is how I write a huge majority of my tests.
- Oracle Sucks
Just do it
I want this to have a service to do setup for you.