Keynote: Why Django sucks and how we can fix it¶
By Eric Florenzano
Making custom changes to an app and now staying in trunk fails. Apps that provide models are inherently inflexible. primary key assumptions
Class based views to the rescue?¶
- No consensus on how to implement it?
- Where do you put customized view subclasses?
- urls.py is already overloaded
Generic Foreign Keys¶
- good for flexibility
- Bad for configuration
- Things are slowing down
- Memory usage is going up in each version since 1.0
- performance is going down since 1.0
- Closed and very private
- Why isn’t Alex Gaynor not a core developer?
- Why isn’t there a truncatechars filter?