by Dustin Sallings
- memcached contributor
Does a lot of programming languages
Testing is a boring/hard subject¶
- How do you find those edge cases?
- How do you detect crazy pairs of edge cases?
- Wait until there is a reported error?
- pydanny contention: UnitTest makes it hard to document patterns in tests. User controlled
Wrote a framework to help set tests¶
- Actions are the tests
- Drivers performs the tests and include specific conditions
- So that means your tests are independent of the conditions but defined in code?
Seems like a design of separation of presentation from content in tests!!! MVC anyone?
MVC test framework? Pydanny Thoughts…¶
- Can this be implemented on top of UnitTest?
- If so, it can be back ported to other systems
- Not actually MVC, just a defined pattern
- BreakDance seems to generate code
- Unit Testing isn’t enough
- Find ways to detect and fire off edge case tests
- itertools will save you
- python makes otherewuse tedious tasks boring