by Przemek Lewandowski
- Really nice guy, met him earlier this week.
Backbone didn’t do enough
- Lack of binding mechanism
- no reusable views
- Models are poor
Backbone & Marionette helped but they were still unhappy
Angular, very nice
Ember, very nice
Use requireJS with extra plugins
- Coffeescript painless integration
- modular code
Tools for building JS apps in Django¶
Django & APIs for JS apps¶
- django-piston was too long in the tooth
- django-tastypie had an uncomfortable amount of boilerplate
- django-rest-framework was just right.
# serializer class FriendSerializer(serializers.ModelSerializer): class Meta: model = Friend fields = ('id', 'name', )
TODO - add examples from our book, cause we also recommend django-rest-framework.
Static files management¶
- Never stop trying new solutions